Where's Wife?

Real interview I did with a fan/reporter:

Rutherford D. Actualperson: It seemed like for a while there your bespectacled face was everywhere. Now you're a ghost. What gives?

Wife: I know, right? But it's irrelevance by design. I'm actually living out a long time dream of being a full-time spectator.

RDA: Is that sarcastic?

W: No! I used to feel like I had to be around for Melee, you know like to protect it, but these days there are so many passionate and talented community leaders that I'm no longer needed. It's wonderful.

RDA: So you've just walked away? Don't you love us anymore?

W: As if. Melee is as big a part of my life as it ever was - just in different ways. I still watch tournaments every weekend, I frequently attend regionals, and I play Event 51 every damned day. Melee has been a super-hobby of mine for 15 years now, and it's going strong as ever.

RDA: Only now, you suck at the game and nobody pays you to talk?

W: Exactly.